Eric J. Dirga, P.A.

A Florida Trial Attorney

Criminal Record Expungements/Sealings, Traffic Defense.

733 West Colonial Drive, Orlando 32801 - 407-841-5555

Correcting Erroneous F.D.L.E Criminal Records

Fix Your Inaccurate Criminal Records

Information provided by Eric J. Dirga, P.A., Orlando - Statewide Service

Last Updated: August 21, 2016

Usually, you want to expunge prior arrests because you made a mistake in your past - you committed a youthful mistake and you want to move on. However, sometimes your criminal history posted by F.D.L.E. is incorrect or inaccurate. These mistakes can have serious consequences for you and they can be fixed.

Incorrect or Erroneous Criminal Records Can Be Fixed

It may be surprising to know that FDLE makes mistakes and that many people with common names have arrest records appearing on their criminal histories that belong to someone else. These errors can and should be fixed as soon as possible.

Contact Us

If you fear that you have a mistaken arrest on your record or this information posted there is incorrect it can be fixed - and should be as soon as possible. We can help you do this. Go to our Contact Page and tell us what the problem is.

Removing Inaccurate Information From F.D.L.E. Records

When you find a mistake within the records of F.D.L.E. you should move quickly to fix the situation. The longer it sits there the more companies have access to it. They, in turn, create more inaccurate records. These can be corrected fairly easily but sometimes it can be quite difficult. One way to understand it is to obtain a copy of your criminal history information from FDLE and then contact our office. We can look at it and give you an idea of what is going on and what it will take to fix it.

If you have further questions or your arrest history is not a mistake and want to expunge or seal an arrest please click START MY EXPUNGEMENT and submit the form.

Remember To Do The Following

Get Your FDLE Background Check

It will help us greatly if, when you contact us, you can send us a copy of your FDLE background check.

Cost Will Vary Depending On Issue

We keep our fees low and for most cases the cost is relatively cheap. However, some issues are much more difficult, such as when records are very old. Contact us sooner than later.

Corrections/Errors; Questions

The purpose of publishing this information is to help judges, attorneys and non-lawyers better understand this area of law. We appreciate any input that may further this goal.

Found an error or want to suggest a correction for this page? Please inform us by emailing us at Corrections And Errors.

If you have a question about representation on a criminal case you can email us at Question About Representation.

If you want to suggest a new or old case that we have not listed on this website please submit the complete bluebook case citation to Suggest Case Law.

If you found any information I have provided on this webpage helpful please click my Plus+1 button so that others may also find it.

Contact Us - Click Here